You probably guessed that we think Columbia County offers the region's best tax climate for many types of businesses. CCET developed a side-by-side comparison of business taxes for counties in the Portland Metro region--and we found businesses save money due to the relatively small local tax burden.
Columbia County has:
- NO business & occupation taxes (unlike Clark County)
- NO sales taxes (in Clark County it is 8.2%)
- NO local business income taxes (in Portland it is 3.65%)
- NO local payroll taxes (in Multnomah & Washington counties it is $6.80 per $1000 in payroll)
- NO general sales and use tax
- NO receipts/revenue tax
- NO inventory tax
- NO worldwide unitary tax
- NO wotor vehicle excise tax
- NO state capital tax on asset value
- NO direct levies on intangible properties, e.g., stocks, bonds
Download this Portland Metro business tax summary (PDF) for a full breakdown of how Columbia County can reduce your business tax expenses -- or use our tax comparison worksheet (XLS) to see how Columbia County fits your specific situation.